On this site, you can find all the info about our products and how to use them. More tips on How to-page.
Flex Hoof Boots offers a perfect way to accustom your horse to barefoot life, step by step.
With Flex boots you can start driving and riding with your young horse. She can still feel the ground, be sure-footed with out making her feet numb. Flex boot is so comfortable, that your horse hardly notices’s it.
No breaking in required!
Flex boots work like human barefoot shoes:
- protection for the feet from rocks and uneven terrain
- maximum hoof mechanism
- feel to the terrain – secure footed
- secure grip in all conditions
- FlexStud Base for easy ice stud adjustment
With healthy hooves – use Flex boots to protect the hooves from excessive wear.
With hooves that are little bit sore when riding / driving in hard gravel surfaces or are under transition state.
The ways you can use Flex Hoof Boots:
- Traditional hoof boot – put on for exercise, take off after
- Glue on boot
When to use Flex Hoof Boots:
- During exercise – driving, riding, jumping, ground work etc.
- Free time – icy paddocks or any other occasion your horse needs extra protection
- Common sense is a good tool with everything! It is good idea to protect the boots with bell boots on the paddock if needed
Importance of anatomic trim
It is very important to trim your horse based on anatomy and frequently enough. In Finland that means every week during summer, and at maximum every 2 to 3 weeks during winter. The more you let the hoof wall grow, the more pressure to the tendons and the worse is the fit of the boot.
Frequent trimming is very important for a well being of the horse and for the long lasting boots.
As you can see, it is also very important, that you are able to trim your horse, at least maintenance trim, and to learn how to take holistic care of your equine friend.
If you are in the beginning of barefoot life with your horse, be sure to have someone to guide you who knows how to trim barefoot horses by anatomy and is aware of the holistic horse management. Field trim that is made by common practitioners is not based on anatomy.
When you keep the hooves in shape all the time, your horse will get the most out of the Flex boots. It is always nice for a horse to move with perfectly fitting boots, like you feel most comfortable to move with perfectly fitting shoes.